The healthcare industry uses information technology to provide for numerous facilities and improve speed and efficiency in provision of healthcare services. Conversely, IT can create challenges to keeping patient information confidential and secure.
A number of regulations and standards have been established to ensure transparency and security. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Security Rule, for example, was established to significantly increase patient security and privacy, but also requires healthcare sector IT departments to develop and implement cost-effective corporate security programs to comply with HIPAA and other applicable regulations.
How Modulo Risk Manager helps organizations in the healthcare sector:
- Maps frameworks accepted by HIPAA and generates technical and management reports to help implement security requirements
- Providing detailed recommendations on how to address detected risks or gaps within the scope defined by your organization
- Collects and centralizes data related to technology assets, (software and equipment) and non-technology assets (people, processes and environment)
- Automates compliance processes, facilitating monitoring and report generation
- Enables customization of typical controls and controls specific to your organization’s IT infrastructure
- Provides a HIPAA knowledge base, facilitating team education and training
- Supports vendor risk assessment
- Provides a security and evidence repository
- Facilitates implementation of certification requirements for SOX, PCI, ISO 27001, HIPAA, COBIT, FISAP, FISMA - NIST 800-53a, BS 2599, A 130 and DOD 8500.2
- Supports the creation of Business Continuity plans, facilitating maintenance and rapid recovery of information and procedures in compliance with BS 25999
- Generates technical and executive reports