Assets are items within an organization where information is created, processed, stored, transmitted, or discarded. Mapping and managing assets are essential to prioritize investments and concentrate efforts on most critical assets that sustain organizational processes.
Modulo Risk Manager automates the asset management process by providing a comprehensive inventory (both technology and non-technology oriented), and maintaining it in a centralized repository. It enables the gathering and storing of evidence, manages compliance with standards and improves each organization’s external audit posture.
Assets can be imported from Active Directory, Excel spreadsheets or XML files. Each asset has attributes that allow the organization to identify and prioritize investments, and concentrate efforts on the most critical assets that sustain organizational processes.
Learn more about the Modulo Risk Manager. Download a fact sheet today.
The Challenges Facing Asset Management
One of the biggest challenges in the asset management process is identifying which business processes support a particular asset, and in the event that the asset is compromised, which business processes may be impacted. Few organizations actually map all of this information. Some organizations ensure that they map the link between applications and technology assets or even a list of applications that support a particular business process.
Modulo Risk Manager uses a two-layer approach to the asset management process to first map all assets to the intermediate system layer, and then map these systems to each associated business process. The map is represented graphically in a Visio diagram, ensuring all of these connections and dependencies are linked correctly, providing the first step toward an effective Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) initiative.
How Modulo Risk Manager provides asset management solutions for your organization:
- Inventory of technological (software and hardware) and non-technological (people, environment and processes) assets
- Determination of each asset's criticality related to the business processes it supports
- Centralized repository for all organizational assets (software, hardware, environment, people and process)
- Customizes inventory attributes according to the organization's needs and structure
- Generates reports
- Asset management solutions integrate seamlessly with Risk Analysis, Compliance and Business Continuity modules
- Provides controls maintenance
- Automates inventories by importing assets from Excel spreadsheets, Active Directory and XML files
Modulo Risk Manager offers asset management solutions for your organization. Contact us today to learn more.